IPTV stands for “internet protocol television.” The “IP” in IPTV is the same as the one in your IP address or VoIP (voice over IP). All that means is television programming is being communicated using the internet protocol.
IPTV sends shows and movies through your standard internet connection. Instead of broadcasting a range of shows on a specific schedule, most IPTV uses video on demand (VOD) or time-shifted media. You can tell your provider what you want to watch, and they’ll send it to you immediately.
Advantages of IPTV
- Consolidate television, Internet access, and mobile phone service into one monthly payment resulting in lower costs. Save your money.
- Access to Triple Play with live TV, Video on Demand, and DVR capability adds convenient access to a wide variety of television programming.
- DVR capability can be controlled remotely so you never have to miss your favorite program.
- Gain full control over viewing functions such as record, rewind, fast forward, pause, and other convenient features.
- Access to two-way communications which allows for an interactive television experience. It also increases the availability of interactive apps that allow you to participate in game shows and other TV activities in real-time.
- Access to Internet service notifications such as new email messages, IM, and caller ID, provided your phone service is included in the package.
- The capability to pause a program and then continue to watch it in another room in the house.
- IPTV interface is just as easy to use as your conventional TV programming interface.
- Ability to use IPTV as a security service for your children and your home.
Now you are aware of the prominent benefits that come with IPTV subscriptions. Along with that, you should be aware of the drawbacks as well. There are certain drawbacks, which you need to be mindful about.
No matter how amazing a device is, it has to have some downsides however little and so does IPTV. It is important for users to be aware of such setbacks before making an informed decision Your Internet connection is responsible for quality of content: The internet connection you have would be responsible for the quality of content that you can experience with the IPTV connection. You need to be mindful about this at all times.